Monday, September 16, 2019

473. The150 Psalms

YOUCAT Catechism + Catechism of the Catholic Church Lesson 473
Ave Maria series
How are the Psalms important for our prayer?
There are 150 Psalms in the Old Testament.  They are a collection of songs and prayers written in the centuries before the birth of Jesus which are still prayed today in the Church community—in the so-called Liturgy of the Hours.  The Psalms are among the most beautiful texts in world literature and move even modern readers immediately by their spiritual power.  188

Christ the Good Shepherd illustrated in stained glass at St John the Baptist's Anglican Church, Ashfield, New South Wales.…..473
Psalm 23: “The Lord is my shepherd,  I shall not want;
he makes me lie down in green pastures.
He leads me beside still waters; he restores my soul. 
He leads me in paths of righteousness for his name’s sake.
Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, 
I fear no evil for you are with me;
your rod and your staff, they comfort me.”
  
JT  Parables Christ the Good Shepherd

No comments:

Post a Comment